Dock safety depends on many factors . . .
- Alert, safety-conscious personnel
- Equipment that’s in good operating condition
- And, most importantly, a reliable truck restraining system. A restraining systems such as the hydraulic PowerHook II from Poweramp.
The PowerHook II Truck Restraint offers many advantages . . .
- Only device available that seeks, finds and maintains a tight continuous hold on the ICC bar throughout loading and unloading operations.
- Programmed to operate both vertically and longitudinally to eliminate any gap between the hook and ICC bar, effectively eliminating “trailer creep.”
- For added safety . . . will not permit leveler operation until the hook is engaged (when PowerHook II is equipped with the leveler interlock option)
- Only unit available that stores in the pit, completely concealed and out of the way. Great when clearing the driveway approach of snow or debris.
PowerHook II is firmly anchored in the loading dock pit for maximum holding power. The hook remains protected behind the pit wall until activated. The PowerHook II restraint is designed to withstand a pulling force of 35,000 lbs. giving you an extra margin of safety and protection. PowerHook II operates within 20″ vertical range. . . from 10″ to 30″ is standard. Its horizontal range is 1″ to 15″ from the building wall.
about Southern Material Handling, Inc.
We are technical professionals who have dedicated our lives to serving the industry in Virginia. Our sales staff is made up of architects and engineers not trained professional salesmen. We bring a high level of technical competency and creativeness to the table. Founded by Phil Smith in 1986, Southern Material Handling has satisfied customers all across Virginia, in North Carolina, California, Italy and Korea. Most of our business comes to us by referrals from satisfied customers or people who are familar with the quality of products we supply. Let us show you how your company can benefit from dealing with us on its next project. Call us at 757-488-4800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org